Join our family. The Gerson Companies is a third-generation family-owned seasonal, gift and home decor importer that has been in business for over 80 years. We are headquartered in Olathe, KS with offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and sales personnel across the United States. We showcase our product lines in over 10 markets across the country including permanent showrooms in Atlanta and Las Vegas. We offer competitive compensation in addition to benefit plans including 401K and opportunities for growth.
The Inside Sales Representative will report to the Vice President of Sales & Customer Experience and is responsible for engaging current and prospective customers to grow sales across Gerson’s product lines. The Inside Sales Representative will cultivate relationships with key buyers and decision makers via phone, email, and semi-annual trade show events to promote Gerson’s product offerings, identify sales growth opportunities and close business. The Inside Sales Representative will also work cross functionally with Gerson’s Customer Support and Shipping and Logistics team to enhance the overall customer experience. The position requires goal-oriented self-starters that thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial work environments, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, and a high motivation to directly impact business growth and outcomes. Inside Sales Representative compensation will consist of base hourly pay and variable commission-based bonuses determined by performance towards meeting predefined sales targets and objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage a strategic set of accounts to engage and nurture relationships with key buyers and decision makers.
- Execute strategic phone and email marketing campaigns to promote and generate demand across all Gerson product lines.
- Drive attendance and assist customers in-person during semi-annual trade shows.
- Identify revenue generating opportunities with new customers and opportunities to upsell and expand the Gerson footprint within existing customers.
- Proficiently manage and maintain customer information within Gerson’s internal tools and systems for easy access and reference by the company.
- Ensure quality service and high customer satisfaction through availability, consistency, and attention to detail.
- Cross-functionally engage the Gerson Customer Support and Shipping and Logistics teams based on customer needs.
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to resolve issues on behalf of Gerson’s customers
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Comfortability with cold outreach and nurturing relationships
- Ability to think critically to solve problems and provide solutions to customers
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Aptitude for acquiring product knowledge and developing sales skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Ability to work independently and capable of seeking direction when required