The Gerson Companies is a fourth-generation family-owned seasonal, gift and home decor importer that has been in business for over 80 years. Our corporate office and 500,000 sq. ft. distribution center / warehouse is located in Olathe, KS with offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai and sales personnel across the United States. We showcase our product lines in over 10 markets across the country including permanent showrooms in Atlanta and Las Vegas.
The facilities supervisor position is a hands-on role that also coordinates a team of maintenance technicians for a large distribution center / light manufacturing and office area. This position is responsible for ensuring completion of all maintenance tasks in the facility and making sure the DC management team is aware if there are any gaps. The position ensures the correct resources are being applied to each problem and escalates to the management team when additional help is needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Continuously strive to increase the efficiency and reliability of equipment in the distribution center and office.
- Communicate with and supervise the maintenance team to ensure a consistent message and consistent application of all company policies, programs, rules and regulations.
- Support maintenance team in troubleshooting, finding/procuring parts, or escalating issues as required.
- Work with the maintenance team to track breakdowns and develop countermeasures for repeat issues.
- Prepare short and medium-term plans for equipment maintenance and communicate plans to the operations team. Develop long term plans with input from the managers, supervisors and operations team and ensure execution of the plans.
- Working as a team with Supervisors, Maintenance team members, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of machines in the assigned area.
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support in resolving issues or deploying projects.
- Participate in safety or quality reviews and ensure corrective actions are carried out.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Monitor product notices to ensure proper handling, warehousing, storage, documentation and destruction of materials.
- Maintains inventory levels by verifying physical inventory: performing mandatory cycle counts, inventory audits, audits of inventory processes and procedures and physical inventories.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a maintenance supervisor/coordinator in fast paced distribution center / light assembly environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with teams working different shifts across a 24/7 schedule.
- Experience leading a team of maintenance technicians toward a common goal.
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Experience making reliability/maintenance decisions to meet needs.
- Proven track record of implementing improvement ideas.
- Some afterhours and weekend work needed during two peak seasons.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000 per year
Job Type: Full-time