CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES
Join the Gerson family! We are growing and need to hire some very special people to join our customer focused team.
The Gerson Companies is a family owned seasonal, gift and décor importer based in Olathe, KS. We offer competitive benefit plans including 401k and Profit Sharing. If you are looking for a family atmosphere, come work for us!
As a Customer Service Representative for Gerson, you will have the direct responsibility for the following:
- Responsible for answering questions from our customers, retailers, and associates via in-bound and out-bound calls, and addressing product questions over the phone.
- Directly responsible for data entry and data entry audits of orders for product lines ensuring that the right products and quantities are in the system.
- Addresses product damage, product overage, product shortage and resolves situations related to customer needs or customer claims in a friendly manner.
- Responsible for the ordering of product samples as needed for customer requests and ensure the samples are produced and delivered in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with our in-house staff to ensure that customer concerns are addressed and questions are answered promptly.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THIS POSITION:
You need to bring Exceptional customer service! We have been around for 75 years, we love our customers and our team needs people that want to help us get to the next 75 years.
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional presence in both verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Proficiency with MS Office products, primarily with Excel and Outlook.
- Previous experience with Apprise Software a plus.
- Must be proficient and accurate in both 10-key and alphanumeric entering of customer orders.
- Basic math aptitude is a must in this role.
- Proven ability to interact with customers over the phone or in person.
- Ability to apply creative problem solving skills to resolve issues.
- Ability to do sales in the form of upselling items to external customers.
- High School Diploma and some college is preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience in a challenging customer service role where multi-tasking and attention to detail was required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour