Distribution Center Sr. Manager
The Gerson Companies is a fourth-generation family-owned seasonal, gift and home decor importer that has been in business for over 80 years. Our corporate office and 500,000 sq. ft. distribution center / warehouse is located in Olathe, KS with offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai and sales personnel across the United States. We showcase our product lines in over 10 markets across the country including permanent showrooms in Atlanta and Las Vegas.
We are looking for a high-energy and dynamic professional leader capable of directing a variety of teams in our 500k sq. ft Distribution Center. The ideal candidate has experience succeeding with a wide array of teams under various challenging circumstances.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement ways to optimize operational procedures
- Ensuring product stock is adequate for all distribution channels
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs
- Collaborate with distribution center employees and leadership staff to ensure business targets are achieved
- Responsible for employee development, performance evaluations, on-going training, and also conduct employee counseling, discipline and terminations
- Monitor product notices to ensure proper handling, warehousing, storage, documentation and destruction of materials.
- Create an environment of healthy competition and taking pride in one’s work
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in inventory, distribution and operational procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost-control systems and standardized procedures.
- Ability to accurately track data and create basic reports utilizing Excel
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Some afterhours and weekend work needed during two peak seasons.
Job Type: Full-time