The Sales Support Specialist provides administrative support to both account management and sales for Regional and National retail accounts. This role is responsible for the reporting, analysis, and maintenance of customer account information, quotes, shipment tracking and assures quality product delivery. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience in Customer Service supporting a sales organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists Account Managers in all facets of the customer account
- Reporting in ERP system and Excel
- Prepares sales presentations for internal account managers as well as customers
- Point person managing the details of the orders once received by the retailer
- Monitors shipments and communicates variances
- Regularly monitors customer orders and updates customer portals with product details
- Ensures purchase orders are complete and accurate
- Resolves billing questions and issues
- Responds professionally in written or verbal form
- Assists team members in joint tasks
- Associate Degree or some advance education preferred post HS
- Previous experience in an import environment is preferred, not required
- Proficient in Excel and must be comfortable learning new technology
- Must be able to multi task and prioritize workload and keep up with a large number of accounts whose priorities are always changing
- Must have strong attention to detail and be very organized
- Must have ability to work independently and also in a team environment
- Makes improvements to processes in order to be more efficient in the role
- Creatively finds solutions to obstacles
Demands of the position:
- Although the role is in a typical office environment, must have the ability to move objects weighing 20 lbs or heavier at times to look at product samples.
- When retrieving samples or viewing product in the Distribution Center, will require considerable use of hands, arms and legs to walk, lift, stoop, push and move product.
- Adaptable to a fluctuating workday and workload demands.
The Gerson Companies is a fourth- generation family-owned seasonal, gift and home decor importer that has been in business for over 75 years. We are headquartered in Olathe, KS with offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai and sales personnel across the United States. We showcase our product lines in over 10 markets across the country including permanent showrooms in Atlanta and Las Vegas.