The role of the Inside Sales Rep is to sell new and existing accounts through email and phone communication. The position is also responsible for performing basic marketing programs to develop new opportunities. This position requires a disciplined self-starter with strong organizational skills. Ideal candidates will have experience with Gift, Grocery, Garden, Home Décor & General Retailers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prioritize existing leads and implement a targeted contact plan between email and phone calls to the targeted leads to grow sales.
- Recommend products based on customer needs.
- Create and maintain computer files for easy access and reference by the company
- Develop and execute a “cold-calling” strategy to target potential customers
- Ensure quality service and high customer satisfaction through availability and consistency
- Assist in preparation as needed for trade shows
- Provide administrative assistance and support
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Goal oriented and internally motivated
- Relational and organized
- 2-5 years Inside sales or customer service experience
- Ability to effectively communicate through all mediums (verbal, listening, written)
- Capacity to work under pressure, independently, and with a team
- Committed to building a career path
- Aptitude for acquiring product knowledge and developing sales skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Strong phone and customer communication skills
Education: Associate/Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, merchandising, or communications