The Gerson Companies is a fourth-generation family-owned seasonal, gift and home decor importer that has been in business for over 75 years. We are headquartered in Olathe, KS with offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai and sales personnel across the United States. We showcase our product lines in over 10 markets across the country including permanent showrooms in Atlanta and Las Vegas. We offer competitive compensation in addition to benefit plans including 401K, Profit Sharing and opportunities for growth.
In the past 5 Years, Gerson has experienced tremendous growth in our eCommerce channel, and has identified a strategic need for a position to focus on sourcing eCommerce specific product.
- Work closely with Gerson Product Development to identify high performing products and categories, that would fit well with the Gerson eCommerce program
- Work with Gerson overseas and purchasing to request and organize quotes on new products and uniquely configured eCommerce products
- Responsible for setting up all new products in Gerson’s ERP systems, ensuring product data accuracy
- Gerson provides product data and marketing copy for all eCommerce product to our retail partners. This position would be responsible for writing said marketing copy and identifying best practices to help drive sales
- Coordinate with Purchasing to ensure inventory needs are met throughout the year
- Stay up to date on current product trends and suggest new product and category entry
- 3+ Years of Experience in Product Sourcing, eCommerce, or similar field
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- Experience working with Home Décor or Consumer Products
- Exhibits the ability to switch from the analytical side of product sourcing to the creative side of writing eCommerce marketing
- Excellent verbal and written skills in the English language
- Organized and Detail Oriented
- Ability to work independently and function as an integral part of the team
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints