Processes & Procedures
Our G-Commerce program emulates electronic data interchange (EDI) by automating the process of placing orders and tracking shipments through our internal system. Whether you are a G-Commerce program participant, or simply interested in applying, it is important that you understand the nature of how the G-Commerce program operates.
You can find the G-Commerce Reference Guide here with all the appropriate detailed information on the program itself, standard shipping and payment methods, our return policy, and on-boarding procedures. Please refer to the G-Commerce Reference Guide first before contacting G-Commerce support with any questions or concerns.
Below you will find step by step process for how the G-Commerce program operates. If you have any questions about this information, please contact our G-Commerce support team at G-Comm@gersoncompany.com.
Additionally, please be advised that you should not reply or send emails to the automated email inbox NoReply@gersoncompany.com. Any questions or concerns regarding G-Commerce orders, Inventory Feeds or Shipment Tracking notifications, should be directed to our G-Commerce support team.
- When an Order Form is completed, send the Order Form via email to the G-Commerce order inbox, email@example.com.
- Once the order is received, the order will be imported into our system automatically. This import action takes place twice daily at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. CST every business day (Monday through Friday, unless there is a holiday). We suggest that all G-Commerce program participants plan to write and submit orders based on this import timing. If an order is submitted at 10:30 a.m., it will not process until the 1:00 p.m. import. If an order is submitted at 2:30 p.m., it will not be processed until the following business day at 10:00 a.m.
- If there are any errors on an emailed Order Form and the order(s) could not be processed into the system, the Order Form will be returned to either the email sender or the Order Confirmation email address provided (FTP customers only). If there are no errors on an emailed Order Form, an Order Receipt Acknowledgement will be sent back to the sender (non-FTP customers), or an Order Confirmation will be sent to the email address provided (FTP customers only).
- Standard lead time for all G-Commerce drop ship orders is 1–2 business days. From the date any G-Commerce order is processed into our system, shipment should occur within 1–2 business days. For instance, if we receive an order submission on Monday morning before the 10:00 a.m. import, the expectation is that order will be shipped from the distribution center (if all product on the order is available to allocate and there are no order errors) by end of day on Wednesday. If an order is received on Monday after the 1:00 p.m. import, the expectation is that order will be shipped from the distribution center (again, if all product on the order is available to allocate and there are no order errors) by end of day on Thursday.
- Once a G-Commerce order is shipped, Shipment Tracking will be processed and sent on the date of shipment to the email address supplied on the application. Shipment Confirmations are sent daily at 11:30 p.m. CST. If a single customer has multiple G-Commerce orders that ship on the same day, a single email will be sent including Shipment Tracking for all orders processed that day (non-FTP customers), or single email will be sent notifying the customer that shipments have been processed and all Shipment Tracking will be submitted into the customer’s FTP site (FTP customers only).
- The Inventory Feed will be sent daily to the email address supplied on the G-Commerce application. This automatic Inventory Feed will be sent via email once every business day at 6:00 a.m. CST.