Current Available Positions:
Seasonal Purchasing Specialist
Seasonal Purchasing Specialist
Position Summary (Purchasing Specialist):
This position provides purchasing support for the GIL Seasonal product lines offered by The Gerson Companies. This position will own all purchasing data for the entire purchasing process. The position will order, coordinate, review and approve factory compliance inspections, shipment timing, and stay coordinated with the factories and/or overseas offices regarding all aspects of the purchase process. Own the process for expediting purchase orders, distribution shipments and projects on new product development items to insure that they are manufactured, shipped and delivered by required dates.
- Assist and participate in cross-functional teams to completely execute purchase orders for new and existing product lines.
- Communicate with internal departments and external manufactures in the development of production timelines and estimated arrival
- Provide organization of confirmations of orders and other documents that contain time sensitive review
- Work as the liaison between overseas factories and logistics and other departments to assure clear communication in any purchasing aspect.
- Verify all product information each season
- Communicate the status of your booked PO’s to both internal and external sources.
- Review, follow up and sign off on purchase order confirmations from vendors.
- Confirm that item numbers and UPC’s are set up correctly in the system and no duplication has occurred. Organize and review supplier quote sheets to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Ensure that items are set up and that all necessary fields are completed correctly.
- Work with sampling to make sure we have enough product in time for sampling, sales people, trade shows and showrooms.
- Track all purchase orders from factory through logistics and to destinations while keeping reports and changes current
- Overseas communication with manufactures on orders, deadlines, quality control issues and/or any other issues needed handled for the orders that you oversee.
- Responsible for both internal and external communication back to the factory that you oversee to resolve issues before they become problems.
- Assist with management of vendor chargebacks and documentation
- Communicate all product changes to the Merchants so they can notify the appropriate Sales Staff.
- Monitor and prepare reports on products and retailer programs on their sales progress from prior year and against budget.
Requirements (Purchasing Specialist):
- The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, reasonable mathematical ability, and a high level of functionality regarding spreadsheets.
- Experience with purchasing and organization of information is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- At least 4 years extensive use of Microsoft products including, but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, Access,
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines
- Willingness to work as needed during seasonal shipping
- Previous retail/wholesale buying experience preferred. Experience in executive support preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in logistics or related field
- Purchasing experience preferred
Position Summary (Maintenance Manager):
The Maintenance Manager manages the planning and implementation of projects in the facility and oversees the Maintenance in its support of the distribution center and the main office building.
- Manages all facets of the maintenance function in office and DC operation
- Oversees and provides direction and guidance to the maintenance and janitorial staff
- Accomplishes projects within the established budgetary and time constraints
- Works directly with contractors and vendors to ensure work is completed based on recognized standards
- Prioritizes maintenance tasks within the facility
- Must be willing to work the second shift during several peak seasons of the year to manager production and shipping requirements
- Ensures that policies, processes, and regulatory requirements are adhered to during every phase of the maintenance function
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Physical Demands / Work Environment (Maintenance Manager):
- May require lifting a minimum of 25 lbs occasionally throughout the day.
- Position requires availability during off duty hours to answer technical questions, deal with employee issues, equipment issues, etc.
- Individual must be willing to carry a company supplied cell phone during off duty hours to ensure availability.
Requirements (Maintenance Manager):
- Possess an extensive background and a working knowledge of utilities, particularly electricity
- Ability to troubleshoot forklift type equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills – position will supervise up to 4 people
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Capable of working closely with associates in the D.C. and office environment
- 5-10 years of experience in electrical, mechanical and building maintenance
- State Electrical license desired
Click link to apply for Maintenance Manager position: https://ciims.cindexinc.com/job/aa8a7d
To apply for any position within The Gerson Companies, please visit the
following hyperlink and complete the survey: http://www.cindexinc.com/c/3E30CC.