Current Available Positions:
National Sales Support Coordinator
Position Summary (Sales Support):
The National Sales Support Coordinator’s focus will be to support all levels of a national customer account, side by side with the Account Manager. This position is responsible for reporting, analysis, maintenance of customer accounts, compliance, quotes and price-list. This role will also confirm all orders and shipments are scheduled to ship on time.
Position Responsibilities (Sales Support):
- Provide timely response to customer inquiries
- Monitor progress of accounts to ensure 100% compliance
- Must be able to understand all costs/margins involved in each account
- Review and confirm purchase orders against quotes
- Process new orders using Excel/Word or customer portals
- Work with Purchasing to insure items are setup properly
- Work with Quality Assurance to arrange testing
- Monitor shipments to ensure timely delivery
- Assist account manager in preparing presentations
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification Requirements (Sales Support):
- It’s all in the details so bring a keen eye to your work
- Ability to work and adjust to a crazy fast-paced environment
- Passion for leading/inspiring cooperation and collaboration
- A self-motivated, self-starter
- A high sense of urgency and multitasking skills
- Ability to work with customers, internal and external
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Proactive and resourceful in getting the answers needed
Click the following link to apply for the National Sales Support position: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/3E30CC.
Senior Product Merchant
Position Summary (Sr. Product Merchant):
The successful candidate will be responsible for all duties related to new item design and development, achieving wholesale profit objectives, inventory management and sales strategy execution for key product lines sold to Gerson’s independent customer base and national retail chains. This key position’s primary responsibilities are the profitable management of the Everlasting Glow® LED Candles and Lanterns product category and Garden Meadow® solar product line.
The Sr. Product Merchant role has direct responsibility for launching products that maximize sales while minimizing financial risk. This role partners with Gerson’s in-house Design Team, overseas factories and Key Account Sales Team to develop new product concepts and provide both the strategic vision and analytical sales perspective for the managed product lines. The Sr. Product Merchant represents the managed product lines and assists in all aspects to execute the Company’s vision to get it to market on time, on budget and in focus for the target customers/markets. This position reports directly to the Company’s CEO.
Position Responsibilities (Sr. Product Merchant):
- Directly responsible for the product line composition, design and development for The Gerson Companies’ Everlasting Glow® Candles & Lanterns, and Garden Meadow® proprietary product lines. Must be able to quickly understand the vision and target customer for each of the existing product lines, and create new item and product line additions and extensions.
- Directly responsible for sourcing all of the new products designed. Sourcing includes working with the existing overseas factories and also finding and qualifying new factory sources.
- Work with Executive Team to set and maintain product wholesale pricing according to established gross profit margin targets for each of the product lines.
- Work with product vendors to create a finished product sample of new items and provide final sign off and approval.
- Directly responsible to maintain product quality standards for each product line.
- Ensure new product samples are ordered as needed. Ensure samples are produced correctly and delivered on time.
- Work with the Creative Department on catalog design and layout.
- Work with staff on showroom setups including schedule planning, showroom presentation layout, and showroom setup.
- Travel to attend trade shows, to meet with customers, sales team, as well as, walk the trade shows looking for new product trends, product ideas and product inspiration.
- Continually research the retail market and other on line shopping venues looking for product ideas, trends and new product opportunities, including retail comparison shopping.
- Work with sales team, as needed, on key account presentations to help gain new business as well as grow existing accounts. Experience presenting to key accounts required.
- Manage the assigned product line’s inventory.
Qualification Requirements (Sr. Product Merchant):
- Five years minimum experience souring products, traveling to China/Southeast Asia
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years’ retail experience in one or more of the following areas: merchandise planning, allocation, inventory management, or home décor product design
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to translate product ideas to graphic designer(s) for creating production-ready product drawings
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to identify trends
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency, strong time management skills
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Ability to travel 40% of the time, and at least 5 years’ experience working with factories abroad
- Understanding of manufacturing processes required to produce wax, plastic, LED and metal products is a plus
Click the following link to apply for the Senior Product Merchant position: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/3E30CC.
Position Summary (Credit Analyst):
Gather and analyze business credit history to approve/decline credit lines and release orders. Notify customers who have prepay/credit card terms to collect payment when product is ready to ship. Set up new accounts in computer.
Position Responsibilities (Credit Analyst):
- Resolve problems in a timely manner for our customers
- Set up new customer data in Apprise system
- Send out credit reference requests and reply to credit reference requests
- Directly responsible for gathering and analyzing credit data, determining risk level, communicating and establishing prudent credit decisions
- Must ensure the uninterrupted day to day operations by making timely and responsible credit decisions
- Updating customers accounts when there are changes in addresses, etc.
- Takes the appropriate escalation action when needed
Qualification Requirements (Credit Analyst):
- Must be savvy with technology while possessing excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork and customer service skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must be able to analyze credit reports from Dun & Bradstreet and Gain
- Excellent customer service and professional presence in both a verbal and non-verbal manner
- Motivated, organized, and driven professional with confident decision making skills
- Passion for the business and role he or she will play in a successful organization
- Minimum of 2 years wholesale/retail credit analysis preferred
- Some advanced education preferred, but not required
Click the following link to apply for the Credit Analyst position: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/3E30CC.
Chief Financial Officer
Position Summary (CFO):
We are currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our growing team and replace our retiring CFO. The chosen candidate will be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making that affects our company, and will provide strategic financial input to senior management. While responsible for the finance and accounting department, including daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial statement tracking and preparation, the successful CFO will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of our firm.
Position Responsibilities (CFO):
- Execute the financial strategy of the company
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Work with the CEO and other managers on the preparation of detailed monthly and annual financial budgets
- Work with assistant to prepare the monthly detailed balance sheet and P&L statement comparing against budget and prior year results
- Work with warehouse management and IT to take physical inventory count and reconciliation each fiscal year end
- Work with internal staff and outside auditors (CBIZ) to prepare final audited statements each fiscal year end (October 31st)
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and customer payments
- Supervise all accounting functions including Credit Manager and all Accounts Receivable agents including approving larger credit exposures
- Advise and consult on core system processes to assure that all transactions are accurately recorded in the financial system
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required by outside tax advisers
- Primary relationship with bank contact for day-to-day operations including preparation of bank line of credit reporting requirements
- Primary contact with P&C / GL insurance broker/adviser including preparation of annual insurance renewal documents
- Calculate profit sharing and record keeping for deferred comp program and 401k matters
Qualification Requirements (CFO):
- The ideal candidate must possess a strong attention to detail, strong mathematical ability, and a high level of functionality regarding spreadsheets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred)
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA)
- Familiarity with company acquisitions
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position (Controller looking for the next challenge)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Advanced computer skills including at least 4 years extensive use of Microsoft products including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Previous financial executive experience working for a company that sells products preferred
- Previous experience working for a Sub S Corporation with revenue that exceeds $75M also preferred
- Ability to attain a company-wide operations prowess within 6 months
To apply for any position within The Gerson Companies, please visit the
following hyperlink and complete the survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/3E30CC.